By selecting a BPMN Visio stencil, you can create flow diagrams that closely match the appearance and notation used in Business Process Management Notation (BPMN) diagrams. So, they would be similar and follow best practices of Pega BPMN.
The standard Work-New harness includes the standard CoreParty and PartyDisplay sections that your operators can use to add work parties on the New form of a work object. For the Pega sample flow rule diagram, follow these steps:
1) create operators who uses workflow
2)create properties which are used in work flow
3)create activities used in workflow
4) Draw flow rule diagram using the stencils provided by pega business model
5) Go to Process Commander XML to see representation of the flow in XML.
6) You can also edit the XML to change flow or covert into BPEL or XPDL both are supported wfc standards.
7) Write supporting java classes for customized tasks and inherit them
8) You can configure email adapters, outlook connectors by using wizards or connectors of Pega.We can also use integration capabilities like JMS, MQ, CORBA etc..if needed with legacy system communication in message routing.Also can generate services.
There have been cases where projects have blended PEGA methodology with more traditional development approaches such as Agile or Waterfall. Normally this is done based on dependencies. For eg. large J2EE changes would follow waterfall, smaller J2EE changes follow Agile, ESB changes would follow RUP, Pega would follow Smart BPM- this is just an example and it depends upon the project decisions.
In these cases, there are many challenges for various development approaches to match up the timeline:
BPM is not just technology. BPM is a management concept that helps organizations achieve their strategic goals and drive their operations. Automation is a key component of BPM solutions. It includes several iterative phases from design to execution to monitoring and continuous improvement. It plays a key role in process improvement and enterprise architectures.
iBPMS encapsulates a number of core capabilities, including:
Process Component Registry/Repository iBPM suites are ideal for intelligent business operations. Key among intelligent business operations are iBPM-enabled customer relationship management operations.
The Next Wave for Customer-Centric Business Applications and the branding of products and services. Other high-level objectives include improvements in productivity, compliance, cost reduction, as well as innovation by a well-oiled adaptive enterprise with satisfied customers and stakeholders. IT, on the other hand, focuses on providing the necessary support and execution of systems that can help achieve the business objectives, using intensely technical platforms, tools, and primitives. There are legacy and proprietary systems that are difficult to extend. These traditional IT issues—from maintenance to increased backlogs and requirements for new applications—are augmented with new challenges, especially globalization and compliance. Today, organizations are increasingly facing pressures to change and respond to multiple types of challenges. These can come from internal stakeholders, customers, the government, and shareholders alike. As organizations migrate to emerging enterprise solutions, the frequency and magnitude of change is increasing. Market pressures, the need to integrate diverse departments, and global competition are driving management to constantly evolve the ‘rules’ of the business, resulting in a massive increase of changes in business policies and procedures. Since iBPM solutions automate policies and procedures, they stand the best chance of reducing or even eliminating the execution gaps, while allowing the business to keep up with change. The next sections delve into each of the letters of the acronym: “B,” “P,” and “M” as well as the “i” or the intelligence of iBPM. Business: The “B” in iBPM Let’s talk about iBPM, starting with the business. iBPM is not just about technology: It is the discipline of building solutions with a business focus.
Application Profileis one of the DCO (Direct Capture of Objective) tool in PEGA. The other two areApplicationAccelerator andApplication Documentation.
Application Profileis used by the Business Analyst or System Analyst when a project starts. The main purpose ofusing ApplicationProfile in the beginning of project is that it is mainly use to capture client requirement and business objective of the customer.
Collecting requirement of a project is a big task and especially when it is a large project and involves dozens of stakeholder. Creating requirement document and maintaining version of each of the requirement document is difficult job.
What PEGA has provided isApplication Profilein which a project manager or business analyst can capture the business requirement, business use cases, andproject objectivesall inside the PEGA environment. Project manager or BA does not have to create a word, excel or use any specific template to capture the requirements.
WithApplication Profilefollowing requirements can be captured.
1. Business objective of the project 2. Business processes andspecifications 3. Project end users; their roles and responsibilities 4. Any assumptions captured during the project initiating phase. 5. Kind ofcorrespondence(email, letters, fax etc) whichapplicationneed to generate. 6. Estimated Scope of work in the project.
Once theApplication Profile is ready it can be shared with the project stakeholders and their approval can be taken before the development can begin. Once the stakeholder approved theapplication profile the System architect of the team can use the information collected as an input toApplication accelerator which in turns create the completeapplicationskelton of the project. It creates the Stub Rules which project teams can work upon.
PEGA has launched the PEGA 7 the newest version of BPM (Business Process Model) platform. There are a lot of new features that has been released with PEGA 7. Here are some of the features of PEGA 7 :
1.Omni-Channel UX:With the introduction of this feature in PEGA 7 now applications development for all kind of devices (mobile, desktop, tablet, webpage etc) will be simpler and cost effective. Omni-Channel UX gives the ability to developer to design the page once and forget about how it will looks on small devices like mobile Smartphone, tablets and on large devices like desktop. The Omni-Channel UX will take care of displaying the pages correctly on all kind of devices.
2.Embed PEGA screen to existing webpage:With PEGA 7 the ability to embed a Pega screen to existing website or WebPages or desktop applications is very exciting feature. You can integrate PEGA screen or Data into your existing applications.
3.Omni-Channel UX:With theintroductionof this feature in PEGA 7 now applications development for all kind of devices (mobile, desktop, tablet, webpage etc) will be simpler and cost effective. Omni-Channel UX gives the ability to developer to design the page once and forget about how it will looks on small devices likemobile Smartphone,tabletsand on large devices like desktop. The Omni-Channel UX will take care of displaying the pages correctly on all kind of devices.
4.PEGA Pulse:With PEGA 7 users can incorporate and integrate social tools into their work. What it means is you can advance a process or complete a case from the conversion feed on PEGA Pulse, a social tool available inside the PEGA environment. You can also include conversion from external social media tool such as facebook, twitter etc. It will be interesting to watch this feature.
5.UI Inspector:With PEGA 7 developers can hover over the user interfaces and it will show the related information in a panel quickly.
6.PEGA 7 now supports the PostgreSQL database.
For a complete list of all new features of PEGA 7 please visit PEGA 7product page
You can also enroll to get first hand look into the PEGA 7 features through the upcomingwebinars.
A business process or business method is a collection of related, structured activities or tasks that produce a specific service or product (serve a particular goal) for a particular customer or customers. It often can be visualized with a flowchart as a sequence of activities with interleaving decision points or with a Process Matrix as a sequence of activities with relevance rules based on the data in the process. Let’s see easier definition of BPM
BPM is the general term for the services and tools that support explicit process management (such as process analysis, definition, execution, monitoring and administration), including support for human and application-level interaction.
In other words a BPM can be treated as a set combination of
BPM = P2P + A2A + P2A
(P2P – Person to Person, A2A – Application to Application, P2A – Person to Application).
When we define a BPM the set of component that completes the BPM architecture. Although most of the components are self explanatory below listed with few one liner description
• Workflow: A workflow is a depiction of a sequence of operations, declared as work of a person, work of a simple or complex mechanism, work of a group of persons, work of an organization of staff, or machines.
• Portal: Portal is a web system that provides the functions and features to authenticate and identify the users and provide them with an easy, intuitive, personalized and user-customizable web-interface for facilitating access to information and services that are of primary relevance and interests to the users.
• Operational Data Analysis : Operational business intelligence (BI) is a system of reports, metrics, and dashboards designed to drive decisions that optimize a company’s performance in the present.
• Integration: In the BPM context – Integration means linking all the various layers of BPMS architecture seamlessly as well as with other systems that form part of Business process domain .
• Document Management: In information systems, Document management consists of Digitizing, Indexing, Archiving , Retrieving and Managing documents.
• Identity Management: In information systems, identity management is the management of the identity life cycle of entities (subjects or objects)
• Rules: A business rules engine (BRE) is a software component that allows non-programmers to add or change business logic in a business process management (BPM) system.
• Process Repository: In the BPM context – Process Repository is the collection of Process models – Design time, completed and run time . Typically they are stored as XML models compliant to standards like BPMN.
The PEGA personal edition is meant for only PEGA clients and partners only. The Personal Edition is individually licensed. Each download is tagged to a single named individual, and requires registration and authorization from Pegasystem’s Sales or Partner Support organization. You must register with your corporate email account using the form @ http://www.pega.com/Products/Quicktour/default.asp .
Please note that your request will not be accepted if you are using the personal email id.
Once your request is approved you will receive an confirmation with the details to download the software.